The Turkish government has issued new regulations for hair transplant clinics in the country on May 6th, 2023 which will go fully into force in 1 year time. You can read the official release here in Turkish. These new rules aim to improve the quality of service and patient safety in hair transplant procedures. As a site dedicated to helping people find the best hair transplant clinics in Turkey, we are excited to share this news with you and provide our opinion on the matter.
What are the new regulations?
The new regulations require hair transplant clinics to obtain accreditation from the Turkish Health Ministry. This accreditation process ensures that the clinic meets certain quality standards in terms of facilities, equipment, and medical staff qualifications. Additionally, clinics will be subject to regular inspections to maintain their accreditation.
- Clinics are required to have a registered medical doctor who is responsible for patient care.
- Medical doctors must have a specialization in dermatology, plastic surgery, or medical aesthetics or have completed a special certification by the Ministry of Health.
- Nurses or technicians assisting in hair transplantation must have a relevant education and training certificate.
- Clinics must have a physical space that is equipped with necessary medical devices and equipment.
- Clinics must keep patient records in a dedicated Ministry of Health database.
- The number of hair transplant surgeries performed by a clinic per day is limited based on the number of medical doctors and assistants available.
- Patients must undergo a medical examination prior to the surgery to determine their suitability for the procedure.
- Patients must be informed about the potential risks and benefits of the procedure and provide written consent before the surgery.
- Local anaesthesia, sedoanalgesia or general anaesthesia is allowed for hair transplant surgeries.
These regulations aim to ensure the safety and quality of hair transplant surgeries in Turkey by improving the qualifications of medical personnel, equipment, and facilities.
Why are these new regulations important?
Hair transplant procedures have become increasingly popular in recent years, and Turkey has emerged as a leading destination for this type of procedure. However, this popularity has also led to the rise of many unlicensed and unregulated hair transplant clinics in the country. Patients who choose to undergo hair transplant procedures at these clinics are often at risk of receiving substandard care and experiencing complications.
The new regulations address this issue by ensuring that hair transplant clinics meet certain quality standards and are subject to regular inspections. This will help improve patient safety and reduce the risk of complications.
Our opinion on the new regulations
As a site dedicated to helping people find the best hair transplant clinics in Turkey, we fully support these new regulations. We believe that they will help improve the quality of service and patient safety in hair transplant procedures. By requiring clinics to obtain accreditation and meet specific quality standards, patients can be more confident that they are receiving high-quality care.
Furthermore, these regulations will help level the playing field for licensed and accredited hair transplant clinics in Turkey. Clinics that have invested in quality facilities, equipment, and medical staff will be able to differentiate themselves from unlicensed and unregulated clinics, which will help improve the overall reputation of the hair transplant industry in Turkey.
The new regulations for hair transplant clinics in Turkey are an important step towards improving patient safety and the quality of service in this industry. If you are considering a hair transplant procedure in Turkey, make sure to choose a licensed and accredited clinic to ensure your safety and the best possible results or contact us for help.